PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dare to fly in the HK skies with our future genius air traffic controllers?
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 08:15
throw a dyce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATMD,
Yes that's a real howler.I wonder what would have happened if it was an expat.Probably a firing squad.Classic controlling by numbers,and no idea how to get out of a hole.That lady should get several Hail Mary's,checked out again,and leasons should be learned.
I saw so many dodgy things in HK that I could have written a book.Then you got suspended for a go-around,on single runway.When you translate them across to my current employment,then they would be horrified.
Another aspect of being away,is how much safety is being hammered on about.The 3.3 years in HK mode,and I really had a lot of catching up to do.Since then there has been a huge increase again.Perhaps it's because a major incident would have major financial implications to privatised ATC supplier.The management would also be liable.
Continual monitoring would be a great help in stamping out bad practice.Also it would have to been done by non supervisor staff.Our LCE system is a good benchmark and can pick up problems with individuals early.
I think Part-time is a good idea,as long as the person is up to speed when at work.
Just my 2p's worth.Brother4 hope ur reading this.