PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is It Perth Airport Or QANTAS?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 07:04
crank1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Common sense?

I worked at an airport a while ago. It wasn't in Oz but it was a LCC hub so they wern't keen on spending money on service staff if they didn't have to. When the last flights of the night left, (in winter as in summer it was open 24/7) a few staff from each airline had to hang around for half an hour in case something happened. I saw planes taxi out, go U/S and return to the stand. Also had a plane come back with a medical emegency within 10 minutes of take off.
I can just imagine the Q staff smiling at the last passenger as they walk through the gate and then sprinting for the door at olympic speed to get back home. I dont blame them either.

I'm sure management could find staff something to do? I know they don't want to be there any longer than they need to but who is running the place? The Accountant or the Service Manager? No surprise for the right answer! As most of the threads have already stated. Q service is rubbish and was made that way by present management.

How can anyone possibly buy the excuse of "everyone went home". You are Australia's National Carrier, not a scenic charter business. Shame!!