PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2008, 17:42
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever Tokunbo is smoking...

I want some!

I was just out there practicing a medevac in the middle of a small sandstorm, loading two guys playing car crash victims on spinal boards in a Twotter. I got back here hot, tired and sandy, needing some cheering up and here it is! I am a what, "heavy hitter"? Nawao!

Well, yes, I do have an extensive background in helicopter flying; just ask Doc if you don't believe me. Too, there must be a few people on the Lagos scene I haven't wound up yet, so... When do I start?

I reckon the Bajaj will be the standby machine for the luxury shuttle service to downtown Lagos which must be starting any time from now, yes? Mechanical breakdowns, IMC, whatever, just walk 'em across the ramp and load 'em up; they will hardly know the difference until we cross the runway and go bumping off through the bush towards the old Concord Press complex.

I can just see myself out there in the pointy shoes, four-bar epaulettes, white shirt made from a bed sheet... the very body and soul of professionalism. Is there room in that thing to wear a hat? I need a hat. And a noise-cancelling headset. That too.

One thing: this is a new Bajaj, right? Not a Tokunbo Bajaj please; I do have standards, you know!

Things at Hassi Messaoud are going downhill. First there was one B-206L and now there are two. This is how things started in Lagos, you know. Just the odd helo now and then but now they have taken over completely, or so I have been told.