PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cwmbran ATC College
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2008, 13:36
Colonel Gimble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chaps

I do not wish to contradict what other posts say on this subject, I'm just sharing the benefit of my experience from doing my ADI course last July - September.

I was a self sponsor and fortunate enough to have an old friend who lived in the centre of Cardiff and they put me up for the 10 weeks. The drive from "home" to the college was fine at only 20 miles, the start time of 0830 kept me ahead of rush hour traffic.

Having been an ATSA at LTCC, it wasn't a particularly early start and lets face it, when you start live training you'll be keeping to shift hours anyway so 0830 start will mean a lie in.

As for not living with the other students on my course, it was not a problem. I was with a great bunch of people (you know who you are) and went to every group study session at the hotel where sponsored students are accommodated...... and frequently passed out in their rooms

To reiterate what I and others have said on the matter of BAe's facility - the instructors and staff are fantastic, supportive, friendly and their proffesionalism can not be questioned.

The facilities are as good as any other ATC college and infact BAe are bringing their 270 degree tower simulator online shortly. I saw this in action as I finnished my course and it is very impressive.

Cointreaus all round

The Colonel