PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2008, 13:08
Tokunbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
r-r,

I hear more than $100 million now! Na wah oh, some Jinta is working here .

Agbami is still not announced, but it seems more likely it will be awarded to just one company now.

Bristow Nigeria new Managing Director is now in Nigeria. Another accountant recruited from Baker Hughes, but this time a Brit and at least he's been in Nigeria for a few years already. Don't expect to see many changes here then. More people in both Bristow and CHC now seem to have realised that there are now well paid jobs around outside of Nigeria and, tired of the BS about how better days are coming, are now leaving. It's interesting that quite a few of the recent incomers to Bristow from Abu Dhabi Aviation are now returning there, despite the slagging off that company always gets here. Another one quit to go back there again this week. The way things are going even Caverton will get some applications from CHC and Bristow people - okay, that's going too far..... but I must admit to liking the idea of my Kia Sedona jeep, even if I do have to change to a larger shoe size . When you hear of some of the big hitters like chuks, 212 man and doc going there it certainly does make you think doesn't it?