PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dare to fly in the HK skies with our future genius air traffic controllers?
Old 1st Jun 2008, 03:22
MercuryRising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I appreciate that one is free to write what one chooses but as an ATC I find the previous postings rather embarrassing because if you have a problem with an individual then take it further privately or officially with your Team Leader. If one has a larger problem with one's employer then take legally justifiable action through your Association ( or organise yourselves if the ATCA is a lame duck ) and schedule industrial action by working to rule until such time your complaints are addressed and resolved to your satisfaction. A few days or weeks of no short cuts and holding will certainly get the attention of the airlines (who indirectly or directly pay your salaries depending on how one argues ) and politicians.

Bare in mind that it's the airlines who will suffer the added expenses and it's imperative that you give your local Pilot's organisation notice of your concerns and solutions and, with fair notice of action, you shall have their support. With oil presently being so expensive your PA will almost certainly ensure that you get a fair hearing with your employer before industrial action becomes necessary.

Whilst I'm ppreaching then may I add, in today's world it's simply a matter of expenditure versus return and unquantifiable claims of safety, morale and deteriorating working conditions holds no sway with most managers.