PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training, hours building and first job prospects in America
Old 1st Jun 2008, 01:06
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bristow is the only JAA approved school in the USA and thats florida..
re: rotary JAA school. Bristow Academy have been/are the only rotary JAA FTO outside Europe (happens to be in Florida). Thought I'd add to this.

As some of you might have noticed, Heli West based at Jandakot airport in/close to Perth, Western Australia, advertised for Chief FI for their planned JAA rotary training programme here on PPRuNe.

Sounds interesting (not for my plans). I checked out their website, looks like ground school will be provided by WAAC and they'd do the flying part of training.

Who knows when they'd kickstart the whole thing, but I'm sure there'd be some folks interested. The ones that don't need J1 in the US (enough cash??) and ones that fancy W. Australia and part time work permit from the beginning of student visa (not that it matters so much for them, but..)
and prefer 'change of scenery' or Aussies heading to JAA land.

Time will see. I know this is about US training, just to mention it to update stated fact that are likely to change in near future.