PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Arabia - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 1st Jun 2008, 00:38
W Weasel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Capt Purple:

PM me, we'll talk!

Welcome aboard and am looking forward to having a few with you at Kempinski’s. PM me and I will give you the scoop on schools, housing, cars, etc. You are in for a different world. A world where the gas prices just went up for 94 octane to a buck and a quarter – we hate it.

Quick and dirty.

Schools: Australian school on National Paints Road – you’ll learn about direction when you get here

Housing: what do you want? Big villas (4000 sq ft+) are right around the airport (I live less than 4 minutes from the employee parking lot and never hear a plane – you’ll understand when we meet.) DON”T GO TO THE CORNICHE! Long drive and our schedule, daily flying, will drive you crazy.

Cars: In this part of the world you are Bill Gates! Banks and companies will go crazy for your business. Let them know you are a Pilot – the doors open faster than they do for Warren Buffet in the USA. It is quite nice and you will like it.

Driving License: you have a USA or EU license – it converts directly and you have no test. If not you may have to take a driving test. My wife simply took her USA license and got a UAE license – DAM I was hoping that would not happen:-)

B&O

Last edited by W Weasel; 2nd Jun 2008 at 04:46.