PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DPWN Announces US Plan
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2008, 18:55
rogerdabootler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surely not more logic...

hvydriver - Whilst I to am sympathetic to anyones demise, I apologise if the facts dont make good reading another good old saying is "when you are in a hole, know when to stop digging" - Theres no point in having 30,000 packages if you lose money on all of them and thats the harsh reality.

Penguin - you do make an interesting point too, but DHL have analysed that they make EUR1.3bn in the rest of the world in express dox and packages and only 25%, they estimate will be affected by the retrenchment of their US position. TNT survived when they did it and have remained profitable, but you are right with the exception of the downtown areas of the major cities DHL is retreating from the US.

Next questions are 1. What happens to the B767F programme EU-US that was planned 2. Kalitta Mail programme US-ME 3. PO Transpac programme - will be limited to Transpac 4. Aerologic Airline will then be limited to EU-AP vv. They have their own network in EU and now UPS in US - Man thats alot of sorting to be done, with different equipment, Hubs and Management and therefore cost....1 step forward 2 steps back...

I shall shut up now, so hvydriver can compliment me by thinking of me as a fool....rather than knowing it.