PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HELP ! I am 41 y.o. and looking for a flight school in SA :-)
Old 31st May 2008, 16:46
cavortingcheetah
Está servira para distraerle.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You mentioned FTS at FAGC.
Recently did some training there for an ATPL/IR renewal. They have a very nice Twin Commanche which is a dream to fly and the standard of training is excellent. The school is owned by two SAA pilots. May I suggest that you get hold of KB, he's the larger, grinning, devil may care chap on their website photograph, and e mail him directly; I am sure that you will find that he will make a first class plan for you. The school will give you his name and e mail address if you ask them. I am reluctant to post further details in case I alert him to my identity. He travels a bit though, when he is not on standby that is.
Good luck in any event and I second the advice of the man who suggested that you try to train at a field where there is some traffic around to hone your skills for the challenges ahead. Years ago, I trained at Rand and blatting into large airports has never bothered me one bit since then. There's no sense in training for jungle warfare by shooting unarmed escaping prisoners from the safety and comfort of your own verandah with a sundowner, a cigar and a woman to hand!

As a post scriptum, I am somewhere to the SSW of Munich until Wednesday when I fly to JHB. If you want to have a chat about FTS in particular, a company with which I have no business connection whatsoever, PM me and I will send you a Fussen 'phone number.
Toodle Pip!
That's Fussen with an umlaut of course, as is the umlaut!

Last edited by cavortingcheetah; 31st May 2008 at 18:40.