PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Girls
Thread: Cathay Girls
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2008, 14:22
DonLeslie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a pilot working for a major european airline with, thank God, quite good CRM, it's very interesting to read how things work elsewhere in the world. I am, however, quite astounded by the things I read in this threat and I can hardly believe it. We, too, have chinese CC on our routes to China and HK who are generally very friendly and not rude at all. Some could improve their English a bit, but other than that, everything 's fine.

...All of the girls who had ignored us didn't even smile and just sat on their mobile phones chatting. Utter rudeness.
Now I do realize that things are different at different outfits, but maybe one of you CX guys could explain to me: why do you tolerate such behaviour? In my company any captain worthy of his bars would have kicked their *sses off the bus and called in standbys.

I also had to make 2 calls to the back at some point, none of them understood my basic english and in the end I gave up and called the ISM and got her to do what I was requesting! She then came up to the flight deck and said this is a huge problem she is facing with them not understanding basic english.
Again, they would have been relieved from duty and placed in coach for the rest of the flight.

Cheers,
DL