PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged Keratoconus thread
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2008, 12:46
bucks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Danny,

I was training for my PPL when i was first diagnosed with the condition, one day my eyesight was fine then the next my left eye had become weaker then my right. Gradually over time it became worse.

I assume there is a "no fly time" following the procedure but you would be best to find out from Gatwick as to what length of time this is and whether they approve the procedure or not.

If your condition has only recently started then i would suggest getting crosslinking done as soon as possible to ensure your sight doesnt degrade further. Im sure you already know but rubbing your eyes will help deteriorate your eyesight so its a big no no..

I got the procedure carried out in the Wellington Eye Clinic in Dublin and its costs around €1500 per eye, the procedure is quick and pain free.

http://www.wellingtoneyeclinic.com/treatments/cccl.asp

Luckily you already have a class 1 so getting a renewal with this condition should not be a problem, unfortunately for me i have to live in the hope that the CAA will one day allow initial class 1 applicants who have keratoconus gain a medical.

Regards,
John.