PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Old Sarum Flying Club- Gone????
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2008, 10:20
hugh flung_dung

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I am one of the more "senior" self-employed instructors that was with OSFC, having been there for more than 12 years.
  • I have been assured that all student records are secure and can confirm that records of examination passes are also secure.
  • I am told that nothing that might be regarded as an OSFC/Megastream "asset" (including student records) can be touched until the legal wheels have turned.
  • There are a large number of rumours floating around, to the best of my knowledge these are generally incorrect.
  • I am optimistic that flying training and aircraft hire will soon return to Old Sarum airfield.
  • Old Sarum airfield continues unchanged. It's still a great place to visit, and to buy fuel for both your aircraft and your stomache. For a short time the circuit will be slightly less busy than usual so why not take advantage of the hiatus and pay John, Angus and the staff a visit.
Please don't ask about what went wrong, money issues, or the legal processes because I don't have any information so won't be able to reply. Also, I respectfully suggest that speculation about the collapse is going to be about as useful as speculating about the causes of an accident before the AAIB report is available.

Finally, if anyone has a short term need for a part-time instructor and examiner for MEPL, SEPL, aerobatics, advanced handling, night, IMC or tailwheel ...

HFD