PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SilverJet (Merged 30/05)
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2008, 10:12
BALPA4life

As an EZJ pilot at Luton, I am very sad to see Silverjet's demise. It is very sad indeed for all involved - most of all the crew, both FD and CC. We lost a number of really good CC to SJ, and now we are recruiting seasonal CC for the Summer only, so it is unlikely that a lot of them would be reconsidered for employment with us at LTN, assuming they would want to come back. We also lost some good engineers, although I thought their engineering was done by a sub-sid of My Travel - I'm not 100% sure.

However, at times like this you are glad to not be at the bottom of anyone's seniority list (if we had one) and also personally I am glad to be in an airline that hoepfully has the cash and knowhow to ride the economic wave, and fuel bill.

There are more airlines to fall this year I'm afraid, and I hope that I've picked the right place to ride the rough waves. It sounds so selfish but when you've got mortgages and hungry little mouths to feed its vital.

My heart goes out to all the people who will inevitably lose their livehoods over this, and I hope that there are suitable employers for them all asap. Good luck.