PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - the best and worst
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2008, 09:21
13Alpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Must agree with the comments about flying BA through LGW - delays are rare and service is pretty good.

However my flight yesterday was a pretty good example of the BA experience: the good the bad and the ugly.

Flight (LGW-EDI) left on time, arrived 5 mins early. Friendly, cheerful cabin crew. Good communication from the flightdeck. Flawless service . OK a hot meal as per LCY-EDI would be nice, but you can't have everything.

However before leaving I had had to make a change to the times of my booking. Doing so involved an additional fare payment which I made online - but after I paid no receipt arrived by email.

Since I need the receipt to claim the expenses I phoned up BA's Sliver executive club helpline at 4:20 one afternoon to ask them to re-send it. After navigating several menus and spending several minutes on hold listening to BA adverts and music I speak to a customer service advisor. "No problem, sir, I'll put you through to the Receipts Dept". More on hold music. Then a recorded announcement: "Sorry, the Receipts Dept is now closed. Our office hours are... 0900 to whatever and whatever to 1600".

I hang up and call back the next day in "office hours". Same routine. This time the CSA who answers doesn't put me through to the "Receipts Dept" (perhaps it's cappucino time in Receipts Towers ) but says: "No problem sir - we'll have that receipt re-sent immediately".

24 hours later: still no receipt.

Now a missing receipt is a minor issue in the scheme of things, but having flown with BA a lot over the last 3 years (184 sectors, > £50 000 spent) the way it was dealt with is all too typical of BA's "customer service"

Why do I care about whether you've got a "Receipts Dept"? - can't the CSA who answers the call sort my problem !!! And a customer-facing dept that closes at 1600 on a Thursday ? Please.

Sort it out BA !

13Alpha