PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar/Atlas The Saga Continues
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2008, 03:48
nitty-gritty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Billybobb,

The RLA and NMB oversees labor issues for other modes of transportation. Not just airlines alone. A common mistake of the uninformed.

How did you put it -
Originally Posted by billybobb521
its' the rest of what you say that leads me to believe you stupid or a pawn.
-seems to fit as a proper response to yourself and not others.

cptvac,

You make a very good parrot. Probably why you are on the negotiating committee at Polar. You can repeat a message without understanding any of it, which is preferred among your leadership.

I agree, bringing the protections that are contained in the Polar contract would be beneficial to the whole of both groups as would the Atlas pay scales. It's just that your group wanted to take that a step further and be "more protected" of the combined group with a add on "follow the flying" exposing the Atlas crew contingent. It was really just another attempt to get more of the seniortiy arbitrated award Polar mostly won. Lets not get started on the scope portion also. The company stated that Polar's scope could remain in the combined contract, but the Polar union chose to stop the negotiation process instead. I'm certain that can now be revisited with the recent reinitiation of the merger, but not because of anything Polar's leadership has done.

Last edited by nitty-gritty; 31st May 2008 at 16:50.