PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar/Atlas The Saga Continues
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2008, 03:07
cptvac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted 28 April:

This is about a favorable outcome for Bourne and his inner circle, as engineered by Cato to end Polar. Period.

Honorable representation of his crewmembers is not on Bournes list of To Do items. Look for the following:

1...HARD press for Teamster representation (w/ Cato support).

2...Move for Single Carrier (w/ Cato support).

3...Subsequent vote to pull Polar from ALPA (w/Cato support).

4...Bourne installed at Teamster National.

5...Caputo/Alves/Allen Atlas Teamster positions.

6...Continuous blame of ALPA and Polar for concessionary contract from all of the above (and WhaleFr8) rings suddenly hollow with Atlas membership-

AND THE REGRET AND DISAPPOINTMENT WILL CONTINUE...

At least Dave will still be eating in the same expensive DC restaurants on the membership dime.

Add Fr8Dog and NITTY-GRITTY to WhaleFr8...
The list? It will be attacked and a staple job will be attempted.

Nitty

You are right about two things...

1)I am scared of the Teamster move, because it is not about improving the lot of the Crewmemberss (see above) AND it has some very real downsides for all involved.

2) I, for one, was happy (giddy would be an overstatement) to merge under the Polar Certificate. And not because of the name on it. You see, the Polar Certificate has certain elements that are valuable for crewmembers to be attached to.

As one who has tried every which way to bring the protections we Polar pilots have to the Atlas pilots (because we all benefit by doing so), I find it interesting that you are (to use your own word) "giddy" at the prospect of the better Polar Certificate elements being lost as some sort of sick revenge. Guess you never considered trying to gain the same protection for your Crewmembers.

We seem to be moving right down the list...

Don't see any mention of the DHL announcement regarding UPS...
Does anyone really wonder why the Polar Crewmembers do not want to be seperated from their Operating Certificate?