PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Airworthiness Authority
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2008, 21:46
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
If the thing that they would be paying twice for, OilCan, is Airworthiness, then better to pay twice and get it, than pay once and be denied it as now! In any case many of those concerned with the process would continue doing so, though under the MAA rather than the MOD. The senior military officers (mostly RAF?), who one would suppose had the greatest vested interest in securing airworthiness seem on the whole, from reading the Nimrod Hercules and other threads on this Forum, to have had very little success in doing so. They never will be missed, they never will be missed, to quote G&S. On the other hand those serving personnel wishing to pursue that goal would have the opportunity to a possible second career in the MAA.
As to my strategy, I have none, other than to see the RAF fly airworthy aircraft. The battleground for that must be in the threads dealing with specific cases of unairworthiness, eg the Nimrod one. It seems to me pointless to simply run a thread calling for another pillar of bureaucracy. It may well not appeal to the government, as you say, it doesn't even appeal to me! But if that's what it takes to make the military fleets airworthy, then go for it I say!