PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 30th May 2008, 17:18
bajadj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, in six days i'll be finished with groundschool. The original plan was to go abroad and work until end of september, after which time i'll have enough cash for the hours build, cpl/IR and mcc, but not a type rating, then hours build in october in the states, then CPL/IR blah blah starting mid november.

The plan now maybe to still do the hours build as the euro/dollar rate is still at just about record highs, but then sit tight and perhaps work some more and at least save enough for a debt free instructor rating on top what i've got should the economics turn out as bad as we fear. At least that way i'll have no debt (but no money either!!) when i've finished the flight training and if it's instructing for a year or two at least i'll be build hours and getting paid for it and improving my chances when the upturn starts.

Obviously I'd much rather go straight to the airlines but as thats looking increasingly unlikely I'm looking to hedge my bets somewhat.

sensible??? or wimpy?