PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PZL Swidnik SW 4
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2008, 16:15
Lt.Fubar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the helicopter was in development for nearly two decades, and I don't know about any changes since the 2001, so all the issues Shawn Coyle was writing about should still be there. Plus, there will be no helicopters produced for civilian market until there will be orders...there will be no orders until there will be helicopters produced for civilian market - Catch 22

The way I see it - it will be produced for Polish military, first the training, than light utility to put in place of those old Mi-2s, and than the license and production line will be sold to China or India. This will not surprise me at all, as similar thing is currently happening with W-3s - the whole engines production line was disassembled and stored, or sold, as rumor say. Heliseco is buying all exported Sokols, and soon will be the only civy operator... not really a shocker, as it belongs to PZL Swidnik, and they still have enough parts to run them. To bad the military still have to use them, hope Sikorsky will do some sweat deal to replace them with Blackhaws - dirt cheap or something