PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 747 Crash At Brussels
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2008, 15:47
BravoMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fully agree with Jewitts... it is amazing that the wing and engine past over the fence...
I am under the impression that aircraft almost "fell out of the sky" ... Let me try to explain myself. In the picture of the tail (pic 4) below the tail you see a "dent" in the form of the tail in the mud. If the aircraft went nose down the ramp" the tail would never have struck the ground at that position. It would just break/reform on the ridge.
The wing passes the fence / The engines also (almost if the nose was 0° or even a few degrees up) . I can't imagine if any forward force (down/negative pitch due to braking) was happening, that he wouldn't hit the fence with its engines.
Nosewheel went (probably) vertically into the fuselage) and the main gear hitting the fence (which is a "frangible" object) but the main gear (following my humble opinion) hit the ground "almost" vertically causing the major structural damage...

I am just thinking - how on earth is this all posible? (Aerodynamics-wise)

I know, I know we all will have to wait for the FINAL report. But it's always interesting to see what others think/know.

Here's the link to our CAA... have fun !
http://www.mobilit.fgov.be/

Greetz
B