PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU Law to ban Airline Bonds!!
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2001, 16:00
Firestorm

Let me throw this into the mix then...

I paid for my first type-rating. I rather feel that I sold out, but that's another story. I then found that two guys who joined the company at about the same time had their training paid for (with a commensurate bond). I asked the company if they would consider some sort of guarantee of employment to me because I had shelled out for my training, which they were benefitting from, a kind of bond arerangement, but in the other direction.

Their reaction wasn't so surprising. They laughed in my face. But being as the two guys who had their trainig paid for were nationals of the compnay that I was working for, and I wasn't makes one wonder what it was all about.

I finish by saying that I knowingly took the job, knowing that I was expected to pay my own way in. But to find one rule for me and another for the others, I felt that if I didn't ask I would never get. I did ask, and as I expected, I still didn't get.

But was it so unreasonable to ask? Maybe the Guvnor will have an answer for that one.