PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cwmbran ATC College
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2008, 14:03
niknak
niknak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris,

I think you'll find that they were taking the piss, pisz and pizz - it happens a lot when the intended target bites, you'll learn...

Back to Bae Cwmbran, from what I know of ASTAC, realistically there's not much to choose between the two colleges.
I was at Bae last year and although the place is decently enough equipped and the staff are good at what they do, but there was an almighty battle of ego's going on amongst various instructors at the time and it hadn't gone un noticed by many of the customers.
As far as I know the promotion of one ego elsewhere within the company and the promotion of another ego to a position considered worthy by the incumbant has pacified the waters.

At the time Bae had their eye on another site on a new industrial estate directly by the motorway and within staggering distance of the hotel used by many of their customers, far more convenient than battling into Cwmbran every morning, but I don't know if it came to anything.

Whichever you choose, if you are going to self sponsor, get an assesment done first, it'll cost around £300 but save you a lot of dosh if you turn out not to be suitable.