PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mod Switchboard.
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2008, 13:29
Roland Pulfrew

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Sad I know but.....

I used to know someone who worked for DCSA.

The reason they will only give you 1 number is because........

it's 50p per number that they give you (or it was a few years ago) so that is why they will only give you one number and make you ring back if you want another one

If you ask to be connected once they have given you the number the MOD is billed 50p for the operator to connect you.

Why? Yes you guessed it, it's in the contract. Another PFI marvel; is it any wonder we cannot afford decent kit.

Many years ago there was a great thread on PPRuNe entitled "Dial 192 and Speak to a Numpty" (IIRC). I know for a fact it was printed off and put in front of the Major General in charge of DCSA. It was full of wonderful gems, such as the person who was told there was no 'Empty Section at RAF *******" (instead of MT), however he dismissed it as exaggerated stories and that the system was working fine.

Also in the contract was that units could no longer produce their own telephone directories and the old RAF "intergalactic telephone directory", which listed all of the numbers on every station (remember having to amend that as a holding officer?) had to cease publication.