PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC iCP route
Thread: CTC iCP route
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2008, 06:11
Rollerboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me get this straight for £65K CTC are offering no more than the integrated route, which they achieve in the one stop modular fashion. This course will not offer you the CTC Wings scheme route into an airline.

You guys need to look 18 months into the future:

What will be CTC requirements?
If they are placing all cadets now, will they be in 18 months when the fuel bills have hit hard. Check out posts on other threads.

This will have a knock on effect throughout the scheme. I am guessing the order of employment would be Wings Cadets - ATP hold pool guys - possibly CTC iCP guys. Taking into account current market climate there may not even be an ATP scheme in 18 months time.

Please tread carefully before becoming a statistic of the credit crunch it seems that by there own admission CTC and the banks are not prepared to lend the full amount of money because of the increasing risks involved. £65K is a huge debt to be saddled with should things go wrong.

All I advise is check out your options before signing up to this scheme. You could:

Try for a different sponsored/mentored scheme

Go and train in the US, weak $ rates and cheap living allow you to save money to spend on futher training (might even allow you to stretch your 65K to an SSTR). eg JAA CPL/IR + 100 extra twin hours + (business jet operator might snap you up) CJ rating

The Modular route is cheaper and should not affect your chances of getting a first job.

Finally think about that first job. Has it got to be the airline job? How about instructing or a GA job working in the corporate sector.

Just some thoughts

Roller