PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2008, 23:24
gkyip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience seems to be the same, just to add assurance for those of you with phase 4 coming up. There was about a 40 min briefing which covered basic instruments, and how they work and covered a brief overview of speeds, basic flying controls and procedures. The first thing the instructor did was to say this is the overhead panel, this is the centre pedestal...forget about these as they won't be used. The engines, flaps and MCP are all handled by the instructor so just focus on your instrument scan.

Instructor took off for me, handed control over to me around 4000ft and asked me to level off at 8000ft. Then some normal turns to track headings and steep turns. Then it was radar vectors for an ILS approach. My printout showed me skirting around the localiser a bit and following a pretty good steady -700fpm for the glideslope. My landing wasn't too bad, I asked 'Egg' what he thought of the landing and he said my passengers would be very scared!

Egg was fantastic, top guy and made me and the two others there feel very relaxed and I got the impression that we were there to mostly enjoy the day. Now I'm through, looking to get a lot more sim time later on in the course!

Best of luck and enjoy it!