PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerobatic Maneuvers - Definition of
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2008, 14:21
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thankyou to you test driver gurus for shedding some light on the definition of helicopter aeros.

I think you may be some distance from my original question though, when one filters through your 'high tech' talk and then mentally trangresses back to Dennis K's pedal turn in fixed vertical plane in an 'old tech' H269 for example.

Where does this leave the aspiring enthusiast who is wishing to learn?

I guess the thread became a bit discordant at one stage, and I apologize for my part in that with my choice of language being, "sorry wrong", when in fact it should have been, 'sorry I disagree'.

We certainly don't need to go over the ground again of who needs to demonstrate to whom the unpredicability, for demonstrations, of any sort to succeed as judged by the public.

And I disagree that any demonstration, be it military salesman ship or country airshow, is for any thing other than the very common reason to impress, regardless of the type of organised audience. That must be plain, surely.

BTW those machines that have attempted lamchevacks , esp in close proximity to the ground, sometimes 'kick awhile' before they become still.

In a couple of dreadful situations, so have their occupants, of which I have been aware of at close quarters.

For the sake of newbies lets disendorse the encylcopedia of F/W aeros from any fanciful notions that they may have.

A simple rule could be - never get a situation where your fuel load may not be flying in close formation with you fuel tank exit point. That should insure that oneis never close to the dreaded mast bumping weightlessness etc.

machines that can fly inverted by design surely must have been acquanted with fuel systems that can handle that.