PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar applicants
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2008, 13:39
woodja51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet star DECs

Hey Guys - I am Aussi pilot with EK, did the Jetstar dec 330 thing - for a month - then came back.

Still have mates there as DEC's - its a job but they don't like it much...some looking for other overseas options again... I did Virgin OZ DEC interview the other day ( now on 777) ... withdrew application after interview in DXB just not enough cash... I made more in real terms my last year as an Ansett 146 F/O ( in real terms ten years ago or so) and they want me to push a 777 around in the the LHS for the same amount!

Then EK gave 14 weeks profit share and now a 12 % or so pay rise with a little more to come with the utilities ( accom) allowance shortly.

Just spent a week in Melbourne having a good time visited great malaysian restraunt called little Malaysia which all you ex RAAFies will know of.. and a week in Perth doing the same...
... but after it cost me $100 to fill up my Z06 corvette the other day at BP in South Perth( those 427/7 litre motors burn a bit of gas!) when I can do it for 100 dhs in DXB (@ 3.5 Forex) ....how much do I really want to come back to struggle??

Bottom line .... grass is not greener at home ( it just grows taller over the septic tank) ....

So I say.... come on down to the yarpies/POMS etc... and any one else who wants to come and join a low paying hard working job to live in Australia and continue to fund the Rudd system of communist equality ...good luck to you as it is a great place to live - just ****ty to work there!

I feel sorry for the guys that want the job to head back home and missed out... but really need to make sure that you are prepared for the return as after almost ten years out of the place it is not the same as it was when I left......

Just my 2 cents, less tax input.... am happy to take any flak... hit me... go on ... you know ya wanna...