PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QCCA news
Thread: QCCA news
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2008, 11:04
AirborneSoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red & White

Well it's true, it's no longer 2001...

Just because you are "over it" doesn't mean there's nothing of value to someone else. Jumping up and down about how crap the job is, sadly won't turn back the hands of time. Let those who want to do it at the current pay do so.

Yes pay and conditions are not what they were, but there are now hundreds more cabin crew places for those wanting to do it. I personally wouldn't bring back 2001 for anything. I like affordable airfares. In a country this big, it is a blessing to be able to get around it in a few hours instead of days. Would I rather sit in a car for 3 days or a plane for 2 hours...difficult choice that.

So what if pax are antsy? I don't get any better treatment on the local road in my car, in a shop or a cafe for that matter. People in general are antsy and have little to no control over their own emotional response. Working in another industry won't solve that.

Would I take more money for the job if I was offered it? Of course, but I don't see what excluding myself from the job in protest would gain me. I'd just be upset, titchy and not living my dream.

As for the Middle East? Some of us like Oz. I wouldn't want to be relocating myself there, even IF I was young enough to still be hired by them. Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of posts on this forum lead me to believe that Middle East Airlines....

Don't pay all that well, you just get free accomodation
Don't have great layovers, minimal rest is often cited
Require a lot of years at the bottom to get things like decent bidding & promotion prospects
Don't have better behaved customers. They just wear more gold jewellery.
Aren't particularly employee friendly

Last edited by AirborneSoon; 29th May 2008 at 11:13. Reason: new stuff