PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Girls
Thread: Cathay Girls
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2008, 06:41
armchairpilot94116

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Living away from Asia for ten years now meant I havent set foot on a CX flight in these ten years. But judging from what you guys are saying, seems CX really is just a shadow of its previous self? I used to fly CX a whole lot and it was neck to neck with SQ my two fav airlines (and I travelled alot for my work then and flew all sorts of airlines). My GF (later wife) who was a CX cabin crew had never mentioned anything about this cockpit versus cabin crew war ever! And she used to jump seat back to TAipei often on her days off. I used to ride the crewbus with her even (she would ask the Captain if it was ok, and yes its the CAptain to ask and not the FO or the FE or the Chief). I never got the impression from her that there ever was a problem such as you guys are talking about. And I dont think the girls were heavily HK girls then either. I guess the airline really is aptly named as suggested here "Mongkok Airways".

Would things have been different if the FD crew were HK-nese too?

I would agree that things will improve if they go back to employing girls from all the Asian nations CX flies too again.

However, although you guys on the FD get peeved, I really dont think its a surprise that the cabin crew (who are mostly ladies) will flock around their mother hen (the ISM) rather then the FD (who are mostly men and dont do the same duties they do). Sure the CAptain is CAptain of his ship but you guys are never going to be part of the swabbies in a big way. Get over it The ISM is the Chief swabbie. YOu guys are the bridge. Maybe you should make friends with your dreaded Freighter pilot buds?

Hey its your office and you guys live the life. I am just walking freight. What do I know. But this thread certainly is interesting none-the-less.

Thanks for reading my one cent (less then two cents) worth.