PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Girls
Thread: Cathay Girls
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2008, 06:18
gipilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Wow Wow Wow

Guys,

What can I say. I am totally flabbergasted. Actually my intention was just to get a few answers on what I thought were minor stuff. Little did I know I was opening a massive can of worms.

Well you can kind of know and feel that it IS a major issue in the mind of many pilots but it's like a topic many guys want to avoid up front(in the deck), I guess to avoid making remarks that might be offensive(thank God fo Pprune).

I am pretty much new in Cx so am just trying to find my way through the company. In general I still have a pretty positive view of the company, hopes it stays this way, except of course the cabin situation. In general it's allright but from what I see and have experienced these months it's a COMPLETELY odd atmosphere in which 2 teams collide massively.

I DID do all what the other guys suggested me to do like go and introduce myself , even help some of them with their heavy stuff be as pollite as I can during the flight, try to learn and speak some words be patient while they are working but....... I don't mean to be a pain but it just is different(not to call it FU#$ED UP). Not saying thank you for certain things or even not saying hello seems to be a common thing around these gals. Got a little pissed the other day when I met a bunch of the members of my flight in the elevator and they came in looked at me in the face and just didn't say nothing, I JUST FLEW WITH YOU GUYS FOR 12 HOURS you B@^&HES and introduced myself , I mean what is wrong with these people????? I am SURE that it ain't Chinese culture cause outside of Cx it's COMPLETELY different.

For the guys who have criticized me about my complaints ,well mates I don't recall talking about cabin crew that HAVE to be with the cockpit because of our wallets(N1 vibes) or that being a pilot HAS to impress them or that I wish to SHAG them all(they are by far not the hottest chicks), or EVEN me BEING an expert in SOCIO F%#$@*ING economics(ColdWAR). I'm just a simple pilot that tries to get a long with the whole CREW and am just amazed by the major efforts of the cabin to NOT to and to preferably keep the boys upfront as much away from them as possible.

All of this kind of hurts when you speak to guys or see other companies' crew members and the way most of them get along with each other. I kind of getting the feeling here is definitely the complete opposite of EU/US carriers in the cabin/cockpit aspect.

Ooh well I guess I kind of have to live with it I guess. There are more positive stuff about this job anyway, FOR ME, FOR ME(before some of you negative idiots criticize my positive view of CX). Just hope some of this changes ,of course it does not have to be a "EMIRATES"(The IBIZA of aviation) but hope at least some social aspects of the gals in the back improve.

Cheers