PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QF/JQ reduce capacity
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2008, 21:36
Bula

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Guys I'm sorry to say but its looks like QF are starting to reduce their leisure routes, so there is every possibility that they are looking to continue with the "downsize". Its just an excuse, but a plausible one at that.

The fact that the A321 for JQ was scrapped was because of the poor condition of the airframe and the paper trail which seemed never ending. The A320, I'm pretty sure, was the A320 that is going back to Jetstar Asia or to Jetstar Pacific a little earlier then planned.

Its funny how no-one has mentioned the capacity increase in JQ of 30% over the coming months. I sense some Melbourne Ayres Rock and Sydney Ayres Rock sectors going JQ's way. Though people would not like to admit it, JQ will be the driving force behind cost reductions and the ever increasing price of fuel. The low cost base has been established, which is specifically what QF is looking to do to mainline, reduce non-fuel related costs. Maybe the day will come where JQ provides all ground services. Who knows.....

Interesting times ahead......... I hope EVERYONE comes out through the other side. Fingers Crossed. Bring on Brazils and China's entry and re-entry into the international oil market. Though at current prices, if that were to happen it wouldn't surprise me if they reduced production worldwide to keep the price as high as it is. Keep on hedging.