PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2008, 21:32
pamann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's just the same thing on here everytime (as I've noticed over the years)....

Airline goes bust/cuts routes @ Luton = Oh How sad, my sympathy to all who've lost jobs, It should have worked, Luton is the center of the Universe!

Airline goes bust/cuts routes @ Stansted = SHAME!

Lot's of people who work in the city and Canary Wharf live in Essex, infact most of the work force at Canary Wharf commute from Essex so business traffic ex STN should be good. Not forgetting Cambridge and the rest of East Anglia, East, North East and North London. I do agree however that AA probably did go in to put EOS/Max out of business, but with EOS/Max gone then AA should at least be able to sustain a daily JFK (rather than the 2 proposed).

You watch now and no disrespect to anyone who works at SilverJet or due to travel, BUT if they go under this week that thread together with the Luton thread will read like a book of condolences. However AA pull out of STN and the same people will no doubt come and trample all over the Stansted thread with the same old comments (it was doomed to begin with.... and all the same old drivle).

Get over it and get on with it, if you don't like Stansted, don't fly from there however understand there is a huge amount of people who want to and do which makes it the UK's 3rd busiest airport, low fares or not. My fare to NY was more like £550 each return not a 1p plus tax, Zoom from LGW was £355 or similar so we can't just argue that it's ONLY low fares that attract people to use Stansted.

Right go on someone with an LU.. post code stick your two pennies worth in.