PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If your a happy First Officer at Qatar Airways then please do inform me!
Old 28th May 2008, 20:29
salamalikum2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.....And last but not least.. depending of your personnal situation (Family.....)
I mean if you are an f/O with family and kids in Europe,let's assume your wife is working...Don't think it's really worth to completly transfer your live here in Qatar airways...
-Yes we do pay tax in Europe,but at least we have some return: pension, school,university still cheap,good medical insurance covering everything...
-Yes here we don't pay tax (yet..),but we have 17% inflation for 2008 (europe is around 4 %), we have a continious devaluation of the qatari riyal v/s Euro (since the creation of euro), my salary has been devaluated by 40% since i joined,no pension,so if it continues like that.......
Wich situation is the best... I would be very careful before answering..
Nobody knowns about the future.., so just think twice expecially for the long term...
Now if you are single..come here for a while,try to save some money for a couple of year and then decide, stay or leave..