PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - High accident rates in light twins an alternative?
Old 28th May 2008, 16:44
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
>The author of this article stated that Comair, who started out in life operating only light twins such as the Navajo had suffered serious accidents as a consequence of Pilots loosing an engine, and tring to climb away at blue line, but due to the face that they were nearly always at MAUW and in hot conditions or high locations, had resulted in speed decaying and loss of control in flight at low levels.<

Telstar

I agree Landing ahead is a last option and I am putting this forward as a further option which can keep you in the air rather than down in the trees. I have tried it and it does work.

If there were good twin accident statistics engine out I would shut up but they are attrocious and to me the training and options trained are not complete for light twins ONLY.

If anyone wants to argue the Pyschics feel free as I am purely opening up a discussion not trying to win points

I am not trying to reinvent the wheel but wonder whether the wheel was totally round in the first place regarding light twin training. The problem could be that historically light twins have been used to train for bigger stuff that climbs at 1000 fpm engine out and the training doesnt look at the light twin on its own.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 28th May 2008 at 16:57.