PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA withdraw from Open Skies Court Case
Old 28th May 2008, 13:29
Mick Stability

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Sadly Mr Walsh couldn't give a frying flock what we think of him and the company. He has a gun to our heads now and will stop at nothing till he's smashed the pilot workforce, our terms and conditions, pensions, livelihoods and morale.

I was one of those who spoke out passionately at the time of the closure of NAPS. I was rebuked by the very people who are our achilles heel - 'Stop moaning boy, you'll be alright in the end, I'm in APS anyway'. I genuinely believe that we've made enormous progress at taking these people behind the bike sheds to explain the harsh realities of life in new-BA.

That legacy sadly though remains with us for the duration now. From the closure of NAPS to the clumsy neglect of Schedule K, we have now sustained serious battle damage. We must now dig in and regroup to ensure that the next time that BA ram raids our profession, we are ready and waiting with all assets in place.

'Industrial relations' as we laughingly call them in BA have now taken on a new and sinister guise. We will spend the future on the brink of nuclear war with two mutually distrustful and polarised camps. This isn't what any of us want, except for the greedy, avaricious, and morally bankrupt management of BA who want nothing else that to have a subjugate workforce of mindless compliant automatons.

What a desparately sad state of affairs.