PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Career!
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2008, 11:38
blue monday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I joined the RAF, initially as an Airframes Mech, but rightly or worngly remustered (changed trades) to Flight Ops Assisstant/Assistant Air Traffic Controller (what i initially wanted to do but was persueded by the careers office i would be more suited to engineering & better paid, in hidsight they are probably right but nver the less Came top of the class at trade training enjoyed my time working in Station Ops (Airport Ops to Civies), ATC (least favourite role) and on a Sqn in ops - (equivelent of Airline ops) getting paid to watch planes all day. Particularly enjoyed the Sqn Ops job, when i left it took me Nearly 3 Years to find a decent Ops Officer role at Manchester Airport - I do enjoy the job when i get to do it (bit quiet at the moment) i especially like playing Dot to Dot (manually flight planning when Auto route doesn't work or to find a better route than given by the computer), i have been lucky with the company i work for as i know other ops guys n gals who work in a poorer environment,( no names but a well know, and unliked private jet charter company). I also get to look out of the window and watch the Planes Take off (if their using the right runway). So in summary if you have a passion for aviation and find the right role you will never look back. Good Luck