PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nominations
Thread: Nominations
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2008, 03:36
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAD = Simplex = Cluin?? = JoeShmoe = CPU members????
Yes I left the GC before my term was up in 2001 - the official reason was my impending command. The real reason was that the AOA executive at that time wanted to continue on a path the membership no longer wanted to walk.
I would not give relevance or legitimacy to undemocratic leadership by continuing my membership of the GC.

Last year I believe there was a disconnect between some of the AOA executive and the GC. I could have remained on the GC but I saw no point wasting any more of my time or theirs!

To answer your other questions asked under your many handles, yes I do respect ST and still believe he is acting in what he believes is the members' best interests. It just so happens that he and I disagree on what path that should take! Yes I am unhappy with how the 49ers issue was dealt with but I really don't know what can be done about it now - any realistic ideas?

The past defines where you start from, not where you are going to. The future of our careers is in our hands - dwelling on past mistakes or mishandling serves no purpose. I suggest that all members and non members set sight on what can be achieved, not what 'shoulda' or 'coulda' been done in the past!