PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the AOA's role?
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2008, 02:23
Hellenic aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with you Jack57, however, 'by the same token' surely you can see that the AOA has NOT done fair by those of us who remain members.

As I have said in a previous post, when we are asked to vote, and the majority says 'No', it means just that. In no other Union that I have belonged to (Transport Workers Union Aus., Teamsters, ALPA) have I ever been 'advised' to "think about it again, and have another revote". Come on now, fair is fair - this bullsh*t HAS TO STOP. What is the point of voting in the first place if the GC have already made up their minds then ?

One of the biggest mistakes we made was to give up our 5-4-3 rule. Truly a stupid move. I reckon hell will freeze over before we ever get that reinstated.

Aside from this, still, we need to unify our pilot group as a WHOLE. If we don't, all the negotiations with the Company under the direction of the GC amounts to 'Nunn and Buckleys'.

"Either you are with us, or you're against us" - This is reality for us as well. Either we start looking out for each other and unifying ourselves as one, or we are wasting our time.

Westcoastcapt has a point stating the AOA is as effective as its membership.

A few months ago, I posted a reply referring to jumpseats and how I would give the jumpseat to a non AOA member, and copped flak from ACMS. As I said to ACMS and everyone else, we are all entitled to our beliefs, that's what democracy is about.

Unless we unify our Pilot group as a whole, we will not see our Contract improve, but erode. In the end, we only shall have ourselves to blame NOT the AOA.

Time to grab a coffee, a deck chair and wait for the terse replies.....

Last edited by Hellenic aviator; 28th May 2008 at 02:41.