PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The airline world is one person smaller
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2008, 23:31
Pilot DAR

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
The airline world is one person smaller

For those of a time before in the Canadian airline industry, Worldways Canada is a name from the past. It was a charter airline with a few planes and a lot of spirit. Types operated included: Convair 640, Boeing 707, DC-8-63, and L1011, among others. Destinations were truly world wide.

Worldways Canada was lead by Roy T Moore, and supported by his team of operations staff, flight crew and maintenance staff. Roy had a definate leadership technique, occasionally not universally appreciated, but always effective. Worldways fell victim to the changing economics of airlines in the late 1980's

I have been told by his wife that Roy passed away this week. One of the old time airline pioneers, has moved on. I was fortunate to spend an hour with Roy a few weeks ago, sharing stories of the old days, and his thoughts on the industry today. He maintained his keen interest and insight. His health seemed a bit challenged, though he was cheerful and a pleasure to chat with.

I will miss Roy, I owe him a lot for taking me under all of those big wings all of those years ago.

Pilot DAR