PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 27th May 2008, 23:04
Laboratoryqueen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nimrod grounded?

Corporate manslaughter charges?

More money for families?

More money for Nimrod?

Anyone got a clue?
!) I don't want the Nimrod grounded, I do to know all has been done to ensure she is safe, and to ensure those who fly in her are safe.

2) Corporate manslaughter would not achieve anything apart from an attempt at laying blame, that will not bring change anything saftey wise, it would just defer from the fact.

3 and 4) Personally I'd prefer to see the money put into the fleet and into providing better facilities and equipment for the forces. Enough have died through failings and lack of equipment.

While there is a need to understand why this happened I do feel more and more that the lives of those lost are being over looked, almost as an afterthought by some. What I want at the end of all this is to know no more lives will be lost in this way, that means more than anything to me.

I do believe a lot can be learnt from listening to the groundcrew and the aircrew, not just talking to them but listening to them and taking note instead of just discussion with those in ivory towers.