PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 27th May 2008, 20:22
Tourist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nige,
Stick your drivel up your sanctimonious @rse.
I am a Seaking pilot. Are you? I knew the aircrew. Did you?
It is not an IR strobe as anybody who knew anything about the aircaft would know if they hadn't got all their knowledge about a subject from reading frankly b@llox BOI's and Coroners inquiry's (unairworthy for 30 odd years, what c@ck!)

Drivel is in my opinion what this thread is full of anyway
I don't subscribe to Bouy 15's view that the families of the nimrod crew are after compensation, however, I honestly believe that that whilst their motives are good, their campaign is detrimental to current serving members of the armed forces.

The military must always fight with what it has, not what it would like to have, and our leaders chose to use Nimrod safe or not. It is part of being in the military that your leaders may knowingly send you on missions that you may not return from. Sometimes the mission is important enough to risk the aircraft and crew.
I do not understand why you all seem tobelieve that aircrew should not be subjected to the same risks as the troops on the ground.
Leaders must have the right to make tough decisions involving others lives, and even more importantly must be safe from legal action even if wrong in their decision. Could you imagine winning the second world war if every death caused an inquiry?
A leader who is watching his back will win nothing, and the legal costs of this and numerous other actions will all come out of our small budget.
Everyone involved was in the military. It comes with the territory.