PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 27th May 2008, 18:50
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edited to add, the Sea King BoI made its recommendations in order to improve safety, after a very thorough investigation and after test flights in the Sea King. I find your attitude to BoIs difficult to understand, but frankly, you are entitled to your opinion.

Problems with the HISL were known about before the crash and you are fully aware who fought tooth and nail on this subject. You have also had the BoI reasoning explained to you, with regard to the criticism concerning the turning off of the lower strobe.

You will be horrified to know that R4 are covering this tragic accident in a program to be aired shortly.

I am fully aware of the functions and settings of the Sea King HISL, I agree that IR strobes had nothing to do with this accident, I may have misled you by not explaining my comment.

You state that Nimrod should be flown even if the risk is higher than ideal. Fine, let's just hear some honesty from senior levels of command on this subject.

Last edited by nigegilb; 27th May 2008 at 22:57.