PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2008, 17:51
JFRozier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Who Really Breaches the Bristow Integrity?

Well I suppose they may arrive, but Bristow have many of very old helicopters here in Nigeria which you would be ashamed to fly. I had heard of the old attitudes concerning the 'us and them' between pilots and flight mechanics with Bristow. Well I can say that they are still there in many cases and I have encountered them. The Target Zero and Business Integrity are things which many in Nigeria do not believe of. Too many mechanics of the 'old school' with their old colonial attitude don't want trouble with the management in Lagos who tell them to keep old helicopters flying at any cost. The old British military pilots who once were almost all Bristow had were happy to except that because is what they were used to. Despite that is totally contrary to COBI and Target Zero and against the Operation Manual, pilots who actually dare to want to write unserviceability in the technical manual are treated by some old mechanics as troubel makers who just wants to make work for them. In truth I doesn't blame them as in some of the bases there is no real workshops, no tools and no spares. What is bad is that if management know of this, they do nothing, they talks only of Target Zero, they sack people on small excuse for breaches of the very integrity which they themselves breach every day. How do they know what is really happening when most of them sit in the safety of their offices in Lagos and listen only to their base managers telling them that all is okay and they can manage. Then the mechanics who want to work in Lagos but haves to visit other bases complaining that pilots who want the technical record to be accurate because they don't want to fly helicopters with too many faults are just troubel makers or 'wimps'.