PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook over East London yesterday evening
Old 27th May 2008, 09:48
SpringHeeledJack

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Moving on, we had an air-sea rescue yellow Sea King turn over LCY this bank holiday evening at very low level (watch those electricity pylons, guys), which disappeared down the river at about 200 feet looking like it was on a serious operation. Any ideas what their task was ? Haven't seen them up here since the early morning when the Marchioness sank in the Thames.
Blimey WHBM, that was a blast from the past......I remember that so well, seeing the SAR Sea King go up and down the Thames slowly and wondering what it was doing so far from the sea and then hearing the terrible news on the radio and the penny dropping I knew several of the dead personally and most of the passengers, but not being "in with the in-crowd" one wasn't invited.

However, on a positive note i DID save someone's life that night, one of the invited guests of the Marchioness party came over to a small dinner party that i was having before he went off to the Marchioness. It transpired that he had had an allergic reaction to the fish that was served and after leaving "SHJ Towers" spent the whole night in the A&E with his symptoms being treated and not on/in the water

Regards

SHJ

Last edited by SpringHeeledJack; 27th May 2008 at 10:41.