PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New ships for REX!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2008, 09:43
KRUSTY 34

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Gidday monketgirl, and welcome to the wonderful world of Pprune.

I for one welcome the insight and varied opinion of others. I hope you stick around and continue to offer the other side of the debate. Regretfully in the past others have come in, offered the alternative, and then litteraly disappearded into the ether when the logic swung against them. I sincerely hope you will show more backbone!

As to your assertion that because REX are currently doing well and as such there is no problem, I suggest that you take the time to look at the numbers. It is true that LKH and his team have done a magnificent job over the last 3 years. The retireing of debt has been a major factor in allowing REX to weather this storm. The problem is, the storm is far from over. The serious lack of upgradeable pilots to command, and the continueing loss of experienced Captains, will soon see an exponential increase in the cancellation of services. You are aware of the strict minimum experience level for command?

Believe it or not we are in the business of transporting people, real people! If you are an employee of REX may I suggest you take the time to go down to dispatch and see for yourself the results of the company doing so well? goatwhacker has summed that one up nicely.

I hope you are right, and the majority of those here have got it wrong. Mind you after a quarter of a century in this business (and I'm a young'n compared to some here), I have never seen anything like this before. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. If I and the majority here are right, then I fear that a once great company will at the very least be reduced to a shell of its former self!

Stay tuned.

Last edited by KRUSTY 34; 28th May 2008 at 12:20.