PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets Europe Face Court Case Over Tax & Social Security
Old 27th May 2008, 06:41
Taxi2parking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahh Reddo life as a DINKY.

Mr Finn

Agreed - if they had an office or a base in France.

This is the problem with the court case. NetJets has offices in London and Lisbon. They have no office in my country of residence, France - and why should they. They don't have a base here. Time people realised that airlines are not national 'entities'. All crews pay tax and social security in one of these countries. Why try and prosecute the company when it is operating iaw EU law. Within the EU you can live one place and gain an income somewhere else. However, you don't necessarily pay your taxes were you live, although you must pay taxes somewhere.

What I find amusing is the way that it's a French prosecution. Almost all the French Pilots we employ in NJTA could not find work in France without NetJets, AF having strangled every other decent operator here - I presume THS would like to see them out on the street.

While we are at it why not prosecute BA and Virgin. How many of their guys are living in France and meeting up with their aircraft some where else? Should they have French contracts? All that NJTA has done is allow crew to live where they want and then pays for them to fly to work - and incidently, unlike the commuters in other airlines, included this travel time in their daily duty and subsequent rest. Should we not be encouraging this sort of caring approach?

Anyway let me be the first one to announce the new gateway in .........Absurdistan

Last edited by Taxi2parking; 27th May 2008 at 14:25.