PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC in Canada
Thread: ATC in Canada
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2008, 05:18
CDN_ATC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MArried answered most of it, I'll chime in as well

1.) My sked is the most common 6on4off 6on4off 5on3off repeat.

2.)There is plenty of overtime to be had, some centres it is scheduled overtime but the company is working on staffing to correct that, for us we are borderline on having scheduled overtime at my location. The pay for overtime is double-time, and overtime is always and 8-hour shift at least up to 12 when staffing can't be found.

3.) Leave when new works out to be about 107 hours, plus 96 hours of "Lieu" time, which is essentially the same as vacation. You can also "Comp" your overtime to give you 16 hours of paid leave to be used at a later date.

4.)Just a little clarification on sick time, 10 uncertified days, and if you use a certified day it does not take away from your 10 days, but does eat your total sick time. Sick time is awarded on a monthly basis, 10.5 hours/month if I'm not mistaken. Doctors forms can be asked for, almost never happens unless in extreme circumstances, for obvious reasons.

5.)I'm a relatively new controller, IFR of course, and with my overtime I will make well over $100,000 this year.

The experienced controller program should be re-opening in the next couple of months.