PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet* Importing Pilots
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2008, 01:01
maggotdriver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Now I have been following this topic for a long time being an Australian Pilot who has had an application with Jetstar for a long time /very well experienced ( lotza jet time and the rest) and meet all minimums reqd and alas no invitation for interview !!
OK thats their choice give it to another they consider more suitable ..No worries > as its their train set / I have no problem with that..

BUT Give that job to a NON AUSTRALIAN bought in on a 457 Visa that requires that NO SUITABLE Australian applicants exist to fill the position ??? Well thats just Illegal as the 457 requires >>>> NO Suitable Applicants .

So Rather than bleed and bitch on this forum there is an Australian Ombudsman that will inviestigate why an Australian Government Agency has isssued these Visa's when the conditions have not been satisfied..
If you like me no longer buy the rhetoric that recruitment is on hold due 787 delays and feel like making an offical complaint as I have .. see below for the LINK..
http://www.comb.gov.au/

Foreigners in my city doing a job I am able to do and may even be more experienced to do than them ??
No we have the legal right to challenge this one... / more complaints the better
Great idea! Already done mine and so should every FO on the 330/320 for J* or mainline. Letters to Members go into the bin. Letters to the ombudsman get followed up on.