PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet* Importing Pilots
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2008, 00:01
maggotdriver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Good News

I feel for the current F/O generation within our struggling company. Really good guys, and now battling to keep their right to seniority being circumvented by these 457 visa's, and direct entry captains, (yes many exceed the OM1 command requirements, as well as those with less than OM1 req's, but exceed company requirements not met by most direct entry captains). The flight deck chatter, (on the whole), used to be so positive and easy going, is now being consistently eroded by talk of direct entry commands, by-pass of seniority, and I wonder what I will be chatting about tomorrow when our own union had pretty much endorsed further direct entry fella's from SA.
Now that's irony! Sort of reminds me of the woman who wonders why her husband cheated on her when she herself used to be the lover?
We tried to tell you guys what the company would do but unfortunately you've now found out for yourselves, however, this post is not to say we told you so, in fact it is positive. Our guys too fell for the same thing, it is difficult to suspect one's boss as a man of complete disregard of morals until you realise that is exactly and expressly what the market requires of him - whilst we allow it!
Lawrie and Ian, you now have a condition you have been waiting for! Both pilot bodies are aggrieved within one organisation and being Australian I'm sure that we would much rather stand together and unite to face an enemy than to continue divided. Both of your jobs (in particular both of Ian's) are now at threat!
Enough pontificating - FIX IT!
You have support from both sides!